Watering Seeds of Happiness
A Commuter Retreat in the Tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
May 17 & 18, 2019 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Happiness is available if only we know how to slow down and touch the positive, healing elements in ourselves and in the world around us.
Please join us as we cultivate these qualities through meditation, relaxation, and deep reflection with Dharma Teacher Chu Chan Huy.
Beginners and seasoned practitioners alike can benefit from the peace, calm and insights generated by
sitting with Laughing Rivers Sangha. The retreat can be enjoyed as a whole or as individual Days of Mindfulness. You can pack your lunch or purchase a vegetarian lunch when you register.
Cost: $50 per day; $80 for both days. Limited scholarships are available.
Daily Themes: Day 1: Watering Our Positive Seeds / Day 2: Cultivating Healthy Gardens
- Daily schedules for review & download - click here.
Location: Shambhala Meditation Center, 733 N Highland Avenue, Pittsburgh 15206.
Google map directions: http://tiny.cc/shambhala.
What to Wear & Bring:
* Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing; no shorts or tank tops, please!
* Your cushion and/or mat for sitting if you'd like. Cushions, mats and chairs will be available.
* Yoga mat or blanket for deep relaxation meditation
* Umbrella, if necessary, for outdoor walking meditation
* A reusable tea or coffee cup - we will provide tea, coffee, water and light snacks
* Your favorite cloth kitchen napkin for use at lunch to help reduce waste
Registration - a 2-Step Process: CLOSED 5-13-19
1. Complete this Online Registration Form, and then:
2. Pay by check, or Pay Online with Credit Card or PayPal.
** Check mailing information is found on the Registration Form, and is also on a Registration receipt that you will receive by email. Check all your email Inboxes, as it may come into your Update or Social email inbox.
** If you wish to pay by Credit Card or PayPal, use our Donations page. Enter your appropriate Registration fee; select Pay Pal or Credit Cards, and in the "Add Note" area, add: 2019 Spring Retreat. You will receive an emailed receipt.
Note: Our space limits us to 40 attendees daily, so please register early. We will close registration, by specific day, when we reach 40 registrants. Also, if you wish to purchase lunch, please register by May 15th as we need to give Roots Natural Kitchen our order a day or two in advance. For additional information, contact Laura Langer: email@example.com.
Dana - Generosity
Your registration costs help cover our teacher's travel expenses, but not other support. Donations for the teacher are not required, but always appreciated. Cash or checks can be taken at the retreat.
To download the Retreat flyer, click here